November 18, 2013
Good News!
A man who has been investigator for nearly a
full year - has officially set a baptism date for December 14!
When he first met with missionaries he was not friendly or polite at all but
over time there has been a significant change. He's a little nervous and worried
that he'll "fall off the bandwagon" and drink another beer but we are
working with him to throw out the beer and move forward in his life. When we
talked to him about having the Holy Ghost with him all the time and living
worthy of the priesthood he was pretty excited. Larry is one of the most honest
people I have ever met - when he says he'll do something, he'll do it.
Another investigator, a man that has dogged appointments for months
- has begun to follow through in keeping commitments; baptism date set for December 14. There came a change in him when we taught the
Plan of Salvation - his mind was completely blown as we talked about lives
before coming here to Earth and then after we die. I sat next to him in
Sacrament, Sunday School, and Priesthood and man-o-man he took a lot of notes
all throughout. You can see the fire in his eyes and know how much he wants to
know the Gospel.
Our lady investigator is always thrilled to see us come and talk with her. To
our surprise, she called us her "prophets" when we came to invite her
to church - haha I guess we'll have to go back over teaching about prophets.
Our new convert is
doing awesome - she went to the temple and was baptized for him Mom, has a
calling in the Young Women's, and recently told us that she is preparing to
serve a mission! Could not be more excited for her.
I went on an exchange for a day in another area and had the
chance meet with a guy who sounded like he was going to drop us. As we taught
about the Book of Mormon, and got to know him better, he shared more with us
and ended up 1) possibly buying me ice skates (Mom, I told him I didn't need
them I promise :) ), 2) promising to buy Kocherhans a book, and 3) setting up a
dinner appointment for the coming week.
We had the coolest experience towards the end of the night. It was getting late and we were on the last street before going back to the apartment. We knocked on a door and started talking to a woman about a modern prophet leading the world today. My companion and I were psyched when she said that she wanted to hear more. After teaching a short lesson about the Book of Mormon and setting a return appointment, the woman said, "Please, please, come back." So cool.
We had the coolest experience towards the end of the night. It was getting late and we were on the last street before going back to the apartment. We knocked on a door and started talking to a woman about a modern prophet leading the world today. My companion and I were psyched when she said that she wanted to hear more. After teaching a short lesson about the Book of Mormon and setting a return appointment, the woman said, "Please, please, come back." So cool.
I've been reading the scriptures and found new insight in
how unique the Book of Mormon is in relation to all the other scriptures. The
Book of Mormon resonates in our Spirits profoundly because precious truths have
been preserved. The scriptures are like love letters from our Heavenly Father;
we just had to wait a little bit longer for the Book of Mormon to arrive - it
got put on hold for a little while :). I know from my own experience that The
Book of Mormon is the word of God; it heals the broken soul, teaches eternal
truths, and strengthens our connection to our Heavenly Father. It works because
it is true.
Ever faithful,
Elder Taft
Robinson
No comments:
Post a Comment