November 11, 2013
Hey,
It's crazy to see almost 4 months of my mission being finished. Last night I was sitting in bed thinking about all the experiences that led me to where I am now and was flooded with gratitude. This is the best opportunity and I want to be a missionary forever.
It's crazy to see almost 4 months of my mission being finished. Last night I was sitting in bed thinking about all the experiences that led me to where I am now and was flooded with gratitude. This is the best opportunity and I want to be a missionary forever.
Our new investigator has a baptism date: November 23!
He's been investigating for almost a full year now and gone through
probably 6 sets of missionaries. It has been really cool to witness the
changes and influence of the Spirit. When we talk about having that
"good feeling" at church with us all the time he says, "you know, that'd
be pretty cool". Ya, - it's awesome. So we're trying to get him
to throw out the booze so he can be baptized in 2 weeks.
We've found more investigators in surrounding cities and
have had a few first lessons with people. Most people say, "I'm
interested in learning more but really don't think I'm going to join
your church." Then, we hand them a Book of Mormon and if they read -
everything falls right into place. Here's hopin'!
Our other investigator has been having some more health troubles and we
continue to pray for her. When we talk about the scriptures with her she
says everything just makes sense so we're hopeful that all will be well
with her.
The chicken slaughter was last week and I had a blast. I had the chance to lop some chicken heads off, pluck them with a huge machine, and then gut them. It was the strangest experience - and one of the strangest smells - I've ever had. But, it was also one of the greatest; who knew I would be gutting chickens and grinding deer meat on my mission.
The chicken slaughter was last week and I had a blast. I had the chance to lop some chicken heads off, pluck them with a huge machine, and then gut them. It was the strangest experience - and one of the strangest smells - I've ever had. But, it was also one of the greatest; who knew I would be gutting chickens and grinding deer meat on my mission.
Grandma
Rekow continues to try and set Muirbrook and I up with girls in the
ward and members of her family. And so, we pull pranks on her: I slid
down the woodchute to scare her and hid the 5 pineapples that she bought
at the store.
This ward is awesome. Town of 586 and congregation of about
100 or so. We went to a dinner appointment with a family of all girls:
Elder Muirbrook turned to me and said, "There are a LOT of girls here."
(Yep, we're awkward missionaries.)
No comments:
Post a Comment