Monday, November 11, 2013

October 21, 2013 "Harvest Time"

 October 21, 2013
Mom, 
Our Investigator's baptism was awesome! As she was baptized I thought about how Heavenly Father and Christ must feel about us being baptized. There was a huge turn-out for her baptism so we are looking forward to the members and ward mission leader working teaching her. She's so excited and we are going to have her confirmed on this coming Sunday. Bishop Haffner spoke of the promises of baptism: as we commit to live God's commandments we are promised to have our sins washed away. Sister Pleshek spoke on the Holy Ghost - the Holy Ghost never withdraws from us, we withdraw from him. 
  She invited her cousin to come to her baptism and he really enjoyed it; we were able to watch "The Restoration" DVD at the baptism so he had a glimpse of what the First Lesson is. He had a bunch of questions afterward and we were able to introduce ourselves, the Book of Mormon, and schedule a dinner appointment at the Pleshek's for tonight. Tender mercies of the Lord.

We had a lesson with a woman that has dodged appointments since I arrived in Gresham. She has lived a tough life battling cancer and other health issues and has always held to her belief in God. We have made it a goal as a companionship to always teach lessons with an emphasis on Christ's Atonement and that resonated well with her. In that 1 hour lesson the Spirit testified and we were able to schedule a baptism date of November 30th.
Thank you for your love and support. I can feel the Spirit more abundantly as I learn to best recognize the Spirit. Hey, so RoBuz Disneyland trip: August 2015? Eh? :) I hope the Busbys are doing well!
I pray for everyone back home - especially G&G Huntington. I love them. I love all of you and am grateful for this opportunity to serve. I really want to take Grammy Robinson to a dinner and theater when I get back - I know, I know, that's quite some time away.
I feel your prayers and love each and every day. The work is hastening and I am excited and honored to be part of this season of harvest.
Your son,
Elder Taft Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment