Hey Hey!
We
officially have broken the Gresham Area curse - no baptisms within the
past 4 years - with our investigator being baptized tomorrow. She was being taught
earlier in the year but didn't have permission from her family so she
disappeared. A few weeks ago she texted us and told us she wanted to
meet again and be baptized. Came out of no where and has been an answer
to prayers :)
Our latest investigator is going into surgery this week because of the
veins that have begun to close up in his legs - don't smoke, kids - so
we are praying that all goes well. We bought him a gigantic magnifying
glass and large print Book of Mormon so that he can read. Praying that
all goes well.
I had the chance to go on 2 exchanges these
past few weeks and I learned so much about the power of relying on the
Spirit in bearing testimony. I spoke with a number of people who claim
atheism and it is the strangest experience to hear that and work to
start up a conversation. The one thing that seems to spark an interest
and welcome the spirit is the testimony and knowledge we have of eternal
families. I am grateful for a loving eternal family.
Some funny things have happened this past week:
No comments:
Post a Comment