Dear Family,
We've got a baptism date with one of our investigators! She was a
former who dropped off the planet when her uncle said no but now she is
18 and has made the decision to be baptized! We're planning for October
15 and are psyched to see the first convert baptism in Gresham in the
past 4 years.
Grandma has had us getting the house ready for the
winter. Last week we spent 2 hours throwing wood down her wood chute to
get ready for the cold winter here - not sure if I'll be here for
another transfer, we'll see though.
General Conference was awesome to say the least. It was really weird not watching it with the family but I felt such a strong spirit throughout. I heard talks and felt impressions that have answered questions that I needed answered. I'm grateful for the blessing of a modern day prophet that allows us to understand the Lord's will for us.
The speakers were very open and bold in proclaiming the
news of the Lord. I sat and thought about the council they gave for
political and social changes that are happening in the world and the
unchanging truth that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I
have a feeling that the world is going to take yet another turn for the
worst in the near future - I'm learning to hold faster and tighter to
the Iron Rod.
"Look ahead and believe," "Doubt your doubts before you
doubt your faith," "Rise up immediately," and standing for our covenants
and families were themes that really stuck out to me. Hold to the
never-ending Atonement and no matter what happens we will be safe. I am
grateful for Jesus Christ's Atonement for all of us in paving the way to
eternal life as a family.
Thank you for all your emails and letters - keep 'em coming :) I love hearing from you all.
-Elder Taft Robinson
No comments:
Post a Comment