Sunday, October 20, 2013

September 30, 2013 "I Love You"

September 30, 2013
 
Dear Mom and Dad,
I'm sorry that I took you for granted. Being out here I have had a lot of time to reflect on the spiritual experiences that have prepared me to be a missionary. The one resounding experience has truly been the blessing of being raised by "goodly parents".

Out here, I recognize how special the blessing of "goodly parents" is. I have wept a few times at the sorrow I see in the hearts of the people we speak with. They are angry and lost yet don't know where to look for peace and solace. I see now that peace and solace in this life come through the blessing of eternal family. Eternal; a word that is so magnificent that we are not able to fully comprehend.

I am eternally grateful for your raising me to be a missionary. I see this mission not only teaching me to be a better missionary but also a better husband and father. Thank you for your prayers and love. I feel it each and every day.
I did an interesting exercise with my Patriarchal Blessing - I replaced all of the promises "You will..." with "I am..." Not only do I see promises but I see a better vision of who I was before I came here and who I am in the eternities.
Thank you. Love you

Taft

No comments:

Post a Comment