October 28, 2013
Dear Family,
Our investigator is officially a member of
the church! Seeing her confirmed was such a cool experience. I feel the joy
that comes as I watch others join into the loving covenants of the Lord. She is
getting along really well with all the people in the ward and she will have no
problem jumping right into faithful activity in the church.
When we taught our newer investigator we have been looking forward to meeting
with her again but it appears that she kinda dropped off the face of the
planet. I pray that we'll be able to talk to her soon and set up another time
to teach her.
We have an appointment with our convert's cousin tonight at the Stake
President's house and we are hoping that Baptism will become a goal for him. He
had a previous preacher, while he was in Alaska, that basically stalked him
because he wanted him baptized into that preacher's church. So, we are hoping
that as we teach the Spirit will communicate the importance of baptism to him.
I've just hit my 3 month mark as of this past week and am
blown away as how quick it's gone. Some days I feel like I may never make it
through and then other days just fly right by. Transfers are coming up and
it'll be a strange experience if I get transferred out of Gresham but I'll go
where I'm needed.
Dennis - Grandma's son - recently killed a buck and we got
to watch him clean it out and carry it to the garage. It would have been cool
to have been raised on a farm :) Never a dull moment out here on the farm.
This past weekend our new convert invited us to a Mohican POW-WOW on
the reservation just out of Gresham. Did I mention that she is the Mohican
Veteran's princess? So, we had the chance to walk in and be the only white guys
there. :) We were introduced to all the Indian Elders of the tribe and were invited
to eat with everyone. There were prayers and songs sung in Mohican and they
gave each of us a small bag of prayer tobacco - what on earth do I do with it?
One of the coolest things of the POW-WOW was listening to the drumming and
singing; I don't think it is healthy that they yell and chant like that but man
it sounds cool. She did a short dance and then we had to go. I'll see if I
can get a picture sent out. We are literally among the Lamanites out here on
the reservation!
-Elder Taft
Robinson

No comments:
Post a Comment