Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 3, 2013 "Big 19, Some Crushing, and Loving This"

September 3, 2013
 
Dear Family
 
This has been an eventful week. Some exchanges and notable experiences that build testimony.
I was in Antigo, on exchanges with an Elder Parker (yes, somehow he comes from the Parker family), we were walking down the street and both had the impression to talk to a man we passed by. We both looked at each other and agreed to go back. We did and ended up teaching a short lesson on eternal families and agency.
I've learned that a little 6 year-old girl named Elaynna has a huge crush on me. Each time we go over to teach the family she pulls out every coloring book, dress, and dance move that she can. We colored a Dora the Explora coloring book and she drew with blue crayon on my pants - can't wait to have kids, right?
Elder Leben told me a joke, "Elder, how far away is that airplane? About 300,000 feet. Nope, 2 years." He's the best.
We tract a little bit in cities around with little success - knocking doors is not all that effective here.
I was assigned to teach Gospel Principles for Sunday school this past sunday on Honesty. I read through it, thought through it, and prayed about it; preparing the best I know how. I said things in that lesson that I hadn't prepared; thoughts that came and concepts explained in ways I hadn't thought of previously. The Spirit guides the lessons; and should, always.
My birthday did not land on a P-day. Sad Day. However, my birthday was an absolute party. I've been here little over a month and 2 families through 2 separate birthday parties for me! We had a service opportunity for a man named Ivan (he looks like Don Knotts) with continual storm clean-up. And a huge nerf war with Grandma's great-grandchildren. Such a humbling day.
We've had the opportunity to work with investigators and such but a lot of time, as of lately, has been spent helping less-active members and looking for referrals. Nourishing the Saints. Wayne, a new investigator is reading, Larry has a baptism date, and we are continuing to look for new people.
The work is progressing and we continually look to share it.
-Elder Taft Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment